Bellydancers are supple, feminine, earthly, mysterious, playful and strong.
That dancer is you! Come learn among friends and awaken your inner fire.
Build community and self-knowledge while honoring the inner divine feminine.
Bellydance class in West Seattle @ Youngstown Cultural Arts Center
4408 Delridge Way SW – Seattle 98106 – Movement Studio
Six week sessions, Wednesday nights
Next session begins Apr 24, 2019
Drop-in students are welcome at 6pm and 7pm
6pm – 6:50pm – Toolbox
– Beginning technique
– Intro to history and music
– Building strong basic dance skills
– Basic alignment
– figure 8, circles, spirals and undulations
– Beautiful arms and hands gestures
This class focuses on solid foundation work for new dancers. As with the practice of yoga, experienced dancers can deepen their practice of bellydance by working thoughtfully into the fundamentals as your body and mind open and are prepared to learn more subtle nuances in these powerful foundational moves.
7:00pm – 7:50pm – Bellydance Workout
– Mixed level – EVERYONE IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND
– Exercise class will invigorate your body and deepen your capacity and understanding of isolations. Sweating and laughing will be on the agenda. This class is to shake everything loose, lengthen, strengthen and elongate your muscles. You will work hard and you will love it. Challenging yet accessible for all fitness levels and dancers. Promise.
8:00 – 8:50pm – Sacred Geometry
Invitation Only – Students must contact the instructor prior to enrollment
– Continuing Bellydance Class and the home of the performance collective “Sirens of Serpentine”
– Finger cymbals, veil, turn and isolation drills, cheeky combos and choreography
– Performance skills and preparation for “Sirens of Serpentine” performance(s)
All performances are 100% optional and open to all members of this class.