Bellydancers are supple, feminine, earthly, mysterious, playful and strong.
That dancer is you! Come learn among friends and awaken your inner fire.
Build community and self-knowledge while honoring the inner divine feminine.
Bellydance class in West Seattle @ Youngstown Cultural Arts Center
Six-week session, Wednesday nights
Next session begins Nov 6, 2019
Drop-in students are welcome at 6pm and 7pm
6pm – 6:50pm – Toolbox
– Intro to history and music
– Building strong dance skills
– Alignment for dance posture
– Isolations – straight lines, circles, figure 8 and undulations
– Beautiful arms and hands gestures
– Intro to veil dancing
This class focuses on solid foundation work. Perfect for new students! Also a great drill class for returning students. Experienced dancers can deepen their practice of bellydance by working thoughtfully into the isolations and rhythms as your body and mind open and are prepared to learn more subtle nuances in these powerful foundational moves.
7:00pm – 7:50pm – Bellydance Workout – Mixed level – EVERYONE IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND ~ – Most students attend technique at 6pm and workout at 7pm – Only $25 for all six exercises classes when you register for a technique class in the same session.
– Exercise class will invigorate your body and deepen your capacity and understanding of isolations. Sweating and laughing will be on the agenda. This class is to shake everything loose, lengthen, strengthen and elongate your muscles. You will work hard and you will love it. Challenging yet accessible for all fitness levels and dancers. Promise.
Holiday Series: Nov 6, 13, 20 (No class on Nov 27 – Thanksgiving Holiday) Dec 4, 11, 18