Apply to 2023 Summer PAID Internship for High Point Youth
Delridge Neighborhoods Development Association (DNDA) is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to integrating Art, Nature, and Neighborhood to build and sustain a dynamic Delridge.
Our High Point Summer Youth Program provides High Point youth fun and engaging summertime activities at no cost to families. We are seeking to hire 12 youth interns who will collaborate with our staff and partners to provide invaluable support to the program in High Point. These interns will actively participate in various art, recreational, and event activities, working closely with our dedicated team and partners.
Job Type: Youth Summer Internship (paid)
- Will work for eight weeks, 10 hours per week, Monday – Friday
- $1000 stipend at the end of the eight-week internship period
- The internship will run from July 6th to August 31st
- Additional benefits include professional mentorship and development trainings
- Assist coordinator(s) with Summer Youth Program operations and marketing
- Recruit youth from SHA housing to participate in Summer Youth Program activities
- Remain fully engaged in the program(s) you are assigned to support.
- Show up on time according to the time schedule agreed upon with your supervisor
- Report any and all injuries or unsafe activity to DNDA regarding all participants
- Maintain a positive and supportive attitude towards participating youth and their families, as well as your fellow Youth Interns and DNDA program staff
- Must be between 13 – 19 years old
- Must live in High Point, preferably a Seattle Housing Authority resident
- Must be currently in school; however, we will also consider 2023 graduates
- Be responsible, dependable, hardworking, driven to learn, and open to new experiences and types of work
- Demonstrate patience when working with a variety of community members
Submit your application no later than Monday, June 5th. We have 12 positions available, and the posting will remain open until filled. Apply as soon as possible!
YOUTH INTERNSHIP APPLICATION
Instructions – PLEASE READ!
We highly recommend you to start drafting your application on a Google document, then copy and paste your responses into the application form below. The form does not have the ability to save your responses to be completed at a later time!
If you would like support with this application, please attend High Point Branch – Seattle Public Library’s free Teen Job Application And Resume Help sessions, taking place:
- Tuesday 5/23 at 4:30PM – 6PM
- Wednesday 5/24 at 3:30PM – 5PM
- Tuesday 5/30 at 4:30PM – 6PM
- Wednesday 5/31 at 3:30PM – 5PM
The High Point Branch – Seattle Public Library is located at 411 SW Raymond St, Seattle, WA 98126.