Looking for a way to engage your students, company, or community group in team building, hands-on learning, and fun? Nature Consortium’s Group Adventures offer private and customized experiences for groups of any age or size. Groups can choose a combination of activities that include habitat restoration, live music in the forest, a guided hike, and outdoor art activities. Pricing varies based on the activity and size of the group – please follow the links below for details.
Explorations for Students & Youth Groups
More than just a field trip, Urban Forest Explorations are customizable, interactive eco-arts experiences for your students. Each Exploration is catered to your group’s needs and fosters teamwork while connecting students to art and nature. Explorations take place in the West Duwamish Greenbelt — Seattle’s largest urban forest located in West Seattle.
With Nature Consortium as their guide, students will learn how to be active and involved citizens through community enhancement. Activities such as forest restoration, EcoARTS, and environmental education nature walks provide students with a tangible connection and application of classroom lessons.
Urban Forest Explorations, led by Nature Consortium’s instructors, supplements Common Core, Next Generation Science, and K-12 Arts Learning Standards. In addition to cultivating a sense of community and understanding how they can positively affect change, students will also develop skills such as: Leadership, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Communication, Creative Expression, Stewardship. Minimum of 15 students with a 15:1 student to adult chaperone ratio required.
As part of Urban Forest Explorations, groups can choose from the following activities:
Forest Restoration and Stewardship Activities
Led by our instructors, students will take on a small restoration project in the West Duwamish Greenbelt, ensuring this urban forest is enjoyable for all for many years to come. This can include planting trees and shrubs, removing invasive weeds, and laying mulch around previously planted trees. Supervision, training and supplies provided. Please note: Planting season is from October-March. (Duration: 2-4 hours)
- EcoArts: Everyone can be an artist! Students will participate in an interactive, environmentally friendly art activity taught by a professional teaching artist. (Duration: 1-2 hours) Please note: Groups larger than 15 will require additional adult support.
- Music in the Woods: Students can enjoy a private concert featuring a local solo musician to be enjoyed during their restoration work or EcoArts activity. Duos and musical groups are available for an additional fee. (Duration: 1 hour)
- Nature Walk: Students will explore the flora and fauna of the West Duwamish Greenbelt, learn about its history, what makes an urban forest healthy and the importance of forests to ecological and human health. Please make known any special consideration during initial conversations with Nature Consortium staff. (Duration: 30 minutes – 1 hour)
- Add-On: For an additional fee, a Nature Consortium instructor can visit to your classroom for a pre-Exploration introduction or post-Exploration wrap-up presentation. (Duration: 1 hour)
- Pricing: Scholarships and partial scholarships are available.
Please contact us for our current prices.
Team Building for Business
What if you could combine workplace team building experiences with your value for social responsibility? How about building team morale while spending time outdoors?
With Nature Consortium as your guide, you and your team can enjoy a private, personalized Team Building Experience in the West Duwamish Greenbelt – Seattle’s largest urban forest. Team Building Experiences are a fun, healthy way to connect with colleagues outside of the office. This is your opportunity to enhance your community through ecological restoration and creative expression while cultivating cohesion within your team.